It takes bravery to seek treatment for the effects of trauma and posttraumatic stress disorder, which is commonly referred to as PTSD. No one should have to live with the negative consequences of recurring, unwanted reminders of traumatic events from the past. Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center offers the treatment you need so that you can work toward a healthier future free of emotional triggers.
The Benefits of Treatment for Trauma & PTSD
Trauma comes in many forms, and if you’ve experienced distressing events such as abuse, assault, unexpected loss or death, a natural disaster, or served in the military, you’re at a higher risk for developing posttraumatic stress disorder.
Getting treatment for PTSD or the effects of trauma can help you improve your mental and physical health while allowing you to develop coping mechanisms should you face future reminders of a traumatic past. You’ll work with a team of experienced professionals who specialize in treating concerns related to trauma, and you’ll share experiences with women and girls who have faced similar challenges.
By the time you leave our treatment center, you’ll be in a better place to physically and emotionally set aside the fears and triggers that accompany trauma. Our PTSD and trauma treatment will also introduce you to the power of community, as many of those familiar faces who are part of your treatment experience will be available as part of our alumnae community.
Choosing the Right Treatment for Trauma & PTSD
With plenty of options for trauma and posttraumatic stress disorder treatment, it’s important that you choose the one that best suits your individual needs. Every woman or girl has different traumatic experiences that lead up to the development of PTSD, and the way the trauma affects them will likewise be different.
Fortunately, at Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center, our whole-person approach to treating PTSD and the effects of trauma looks at your individual strengths and goals to highlight a treatment plan that will produce the best possible outcomes.
We offer two levels of PTSD and trauma treatment, both of which have different benefits depending on where you are in your recovery journey. They are:
- Residential: In this round-the-clock level of care, you’ll participate in therapeutic sessions at our treatment center while temporarily calling one of the scenic lodges on our campus home.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): This less intensive level of care still features full treatment days, but you’ll be able to return home or stay in one of our on-campus residences at night and on weekends.
Why Choose Our Trauma & PTSD Treatment Center
Our PTSD and trauma treatment center has a curriculum that is specifically designed to help women and girls, but that’s just one of the many reasons why Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center is the right choice for recovery.
Other benefits include:
- Aftercare plan: We promote continued progress after your time in PTSD treatment is over with detailed discharge planning, and our alumnae network lets you keep in touch with the women and girls you met on your treatment journey.
- Flexibility: Your length of stay depends on your progress, strengths, and goals.
- Specialty treatment tracks: If you choose, your treatment plan at Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center can include programs highlighting Christianity, spirituality, and family.
The Steps of Trauma & PTSD Treatment
We want to make sure you are able to begin posttraumatic stress disorder treatment as soon as possible when you decide you’re ready. But we still need to get some information to ensure that our treatment center is right for you.
Here’s how the process works:
- Call us 24/7 and a member of our team can answer any questions you have about how our PTSD and trauma treatment is structured.
- We’ll set up a thorough assessment, either over the phone or in person.
- Once an admission decision is made, you’ll come to our campus and complete medical and psychological evaluations.
- Your treatment team will develop a posttraumatic stress disorder treatment plan that’s designed exclusively for you.
- It’s time to begin treatment to address the trauma of your past and get you on the path to better health.
Therapies Used to Treat Trauma & PTSD
At Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center, all our treatment is evidence-based and individualized to take into account the unique needs of each woman or girl who heals with us.
Depending on your treatment plan, you may receive the following elements of care:
- Medication management
- Group, family, and individual therapies
- Experiential therapies
Our therapeutic activities incorporate a variety of principles that lead to better outcomes after the experience of trauma and struggles associated with posttraumatic stress disorder. These include dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT).
For women and girls who have co-occurring substance use disorders, we also offer 12-Step program support.
The Impact of Untreated Trauma & PTSD
If you don’t receive PTSD treatment in the aftermath of trauma, you put yourself at risk for a host of negative outcomes that can affect you physically and emotionally for the rest of your life. You could wind up holding yourself back from understanding how to move forward.
In choosing Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center for posttraumatic stress disorder or trauma treatment, you can take control. You can have stronger relationships, better health, and the improved outlook on life you deserve.
This content was reviewed and approved by the clinical staff at Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center.