Deciding that you need treatment for binge-eating disorder is a significant step toward improving your life. It’s also a courageous one. If you think that your mental and physical health are suffering from this hard-to-control disease, Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center is here to provide the treatment you deserve so that you can have a happier, healthier future.
The Benefits of Treatment for Binge-Eating Disorder
If you’ve been struggling with binge-eating disorder, you may feel unable to control your food intake, and that loss of control has likely spilled over to other aspects of your life. Continuing to live without getting binge-eating disorder treatment can have negative consequences on your relationships with family and friends, your physical health, and your overall emotional well-being.
By choosing to receive treatment for binge-eating disorder, you can start to make the positive changes that will put you on the right track toward better long-term health. You can acquire coping tools that will help you understand portion control, ease anxiety around how food affects your mind and body, and develop a better overall relationship with food.
You will soon find that you are not alone on this journey. There are many women and girls who have had similar binge-eating disorder struggles in the past prior to receiving treatment. With professional help and endless encouragement from those who understand your pain, you can show yourself that binge-eating disorder is only a small bump on your road to happiness.
Choosing the Right Treatment for Binge-Eating Disorder
There are many options for binge-eating disorder treatment, so it’s important to choose one that provides individualized care from a treatment center that takes into account how your needs and experiences are different from those of other women and girls.
At Timberline Knolls, we offer residential treatment and a partial hospitalization program (PHP) for binge-eating disorder, each of which has greater benefits depending on where you are in your journey. Some women and girls may participate in treatment at both levels, while others may require only one level of care.
- Residential: Members of your treatment team will provide round-the-clock care for you at this level in one of our comfortable lodges. Residential binge-eating disorder treatment features individualized care with a trauma-informed approach, meal planning and food discovery sessions, and a variety of therapeutic interventions.
- PHP: At this level, you’ll take part in full treatment days at Timberline Knolls but can return to your home or choose to stay in one of our on-campus residences in the evenings and on weekends. You’ll build coping and processing skills, which focus on body image, medication education, and much more.
Why Choose Our Binge-Eating Disorder Treatment Center
There are a number of benefits to choosing Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center if you find yourself struggling with binge-eating disorder. Perhaps the most important is that our treatment center is designed exclusively to help women and girls.
Other reasons to choose Timberline Knolls for binge-eating disorder treatment include:
- Spirituality: A core component of our binge-eating disorder treatment, we welcome women and girls of all religions, faiths, and beliefs. Our holistic approach encourages you to cultivate your own spiritual renewal.
- Faith-based approach: For women and girls who want a religious component included in their binge-eating disorder treatment, The Grace Program is Timberline Knolls’ Christian treatment track. We have an on-campus, nondenominational chaplain available to offer comfort, support, and restoration.
- Alumnae network: We want to be part of your success long after you leave our treatment center. With a dedicated alumnae coordinator, our alumnae program allows you to connect with our staff and other former residents to celebrate successes for years to come.
- Flexible stays: The time you spend at our binge-eating disorder treatment center depends on you. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to the treatment we provide, and we determine your length of stay based on your progress and goals.
The Steps of Binge-Eating Disorder Treatment
While we want to ensure that our binge-eating disorder treatment is right for you, there is no reason for the admissions process to be overly complicated. In general, you can expect to:
- Contact us and speak to a member of our team 24/7
- Complete a thorough screening over the phone and begin our stress-free admissions process
- Tour our facility upon your arrival
- Complete medical and psychological evaluations prior to beginning treatment
- Receive an individualized binge-eating disorder treatment plan
- Begin participating in binge-eating disorder treatment
Therapies Used to Treat Binge-Eating Disorder
Our evidence-based, individualized approach to binge-eating disorder treatment means each woman or girl who comes to Timberline Knolls will have a unique experience. That said, there are common elements to care at our treatment center, including:
- Group, individual, and family therapies
- Medication management
- Experiential therapies
Our therapeutic activities incorporate principles of evidence-based modalities such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). We also offer 12-Step program support for women and girls who are struggling with addiction concerns in addition to binge-eating disorder.
The Impact of Untreated Binge-Eating Disorder
Forgoing treatment for binge-eating disorder can have life-changing and life-threatening consequences. The physical, mental, and emotional toll of not receiving binge-eating disorder treatment can affect your relationships, your health, and your ability to live a fulfilling life.
You can make it better. By choosing to receive binge-eating disorder treatment at our residential treatment center, you can walk down a path toward better health. Timberline Knolls is ready to show you the way.
This content was reviewed and approved by the clinical staff at Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center.