Seeking treatment for bulimia nervosa is a courageous step that demonstrates strength and hope. When you get the help you need, you can regain control over your thoughts and behaviors. Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center is ready to help you discover your path toward improved health.
The Benefits of Bulimia Nervosa Treatment
When you get treatment for bulimia nervosa, the benefits can include improvements in the physical, mental, emotional, and social aspects of your life.
Bulimia treatment can help improve your physical and mental health. It can also help you build stronger coping skills and gain confidence. When you get treatment for bulimia, you can learn how to establish positive friendships, set appropriate boundaries, develop a healthier relationship with food, and advocate on your own behalf.
While you are in bulimia treatment, you will also be introduced to the power of community. Prior to getting help, you may have felt like you were all alone, or that no one could understand what you were going through. Bulimia treatment can help you discover that you are a valuable individual who is worthy of continued support.
Choosing the Right Treatment for Bulimia Nervosa
If you think you may need bulimia treatment, it’s vital to understand your options so that you can identify the services that are right for you. Your bulimia treatment should be an individualized experience that reflects your unique needs and goals.
At Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center, we offer residential care for women and adolescent girls and a partial hospitalization program, or PHP, for women over the age of 18.
- Residential treatment for bulimia nervosa features round-the-clock care, so a member of your team will be available whenever you need them. Other features of our residential bulimia treatment center include individualized care, a trauma-informed approach, meal support, and several additional services.
- At the PHP level, you’ll take part in full days of bulimia treatment to help you develop and strengthen the skills you need to make continued progress in real-world settings. At the end of each treatment day, you can return home, or you may choose to stay in one of our on-campus residences.
Our team will work with you to identify your needs and help you decide which level of bulimia treatment is the best environment for you.
Why Choose Our Bulimia Nervosa Treatment Center
Here are a few reasons why Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center may be the ideal choice for you:
- Our treatment environment was specifically designed to help girls and women.
- A team of experienced professionals will provide your bulimia treatment.
- You will be encouraged to play an active role in the bulimia treatment process. You will have the opportunity to share your insights with your treatment team, ask questions, and express any concerns you may have.
- If you would like your bulimia treatment to include a spiritual component, you may participate in our Christian treatment track, The Grace Program, or receive guidance from our nondenominational chaplain.
- Our support services, which promote continued progress after you complete bulimia treatment, include detailed discharge planning and a vibrant alumnae network.
Also, our flexible length of stay means that the time you spend with us will be determined by your progress, needs, and goals.
The Steps of Treatment
If you need treatment for bulimia nervosa, we want to connect you with the services you need as efficiently and effectively as possible. Here’s a quick overview of what you can expect when beginning the bulimia treatment process:
- You can contact us at your convenience. A member of our team is available 24/7 to speak with you and answer all your questions.
- Your first step will be to complete a thorough screening over the phone.
- After the screening, you will progress through our stress-free admissions process.
- When you arrive on our campus, you will tour our facility and meet our staff members and other residents.
- Prior to starting bulimia treatment, you will complete medical and psychological evaluations.
- Your treatment team will develop your individualized bulimia treatment plan.
- You will then begin to take part in treatment for bulimia.
You can get additional details about these steps here.
Therapies Used to Treat Bulimia Nervosa
Our focus on individualized care means that each woman and girl who receives bulimia treatment at Timberline Knolls has a unique experience. However, every individual will benefit from evidence-based practices, compassionate treatment, and an unwavering commitment to maintaining a safe and supportive environment for all.
Depending on your needs and goals, your individualized bulimia treatment plan may include:
- Medication management
- Individual, group, and family therapies
- Experiential therapies
These therapeutic activities may incorporate the principles of:
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
We also offer 12-Step education and support for women and girls whose struggles with bulimia are accompanied by substance use disorders.
Your bulimia treatment team will select the interventions that can best address your needs, and they will develop the individualized plan that will help you achieve your goals.
The Impact of Untreated Bulimia Nervosa
If you do not receive proper treatment for bulimia, you remain at increased risk for harm. Untreated bulimia nervosa can have a devastating impact on your physical health, your emotional well-being, and your ability to live a productive and satisfying life.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. When you get the bulimia treatment you need, you can experience improved health and pursue a much happier and more hopeful future. When you’re ready to get started, Timberline Knolls is here for you.
This content was reviewed and approved by the clinical staff at Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center.