Making the choice to seek treatment for depression is a courageous decision that reflects both strength and hope. Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center stands ready to provide you with the individualized treatment you need, so you can live the healthier life you deserve.
The Benefits of Depression Treatment
When you get effective treatment for depression, the benefits can include improved physical, mental, social, and emotional well-being. Treatment will help you make certain changes and develop new skills so you can enjoy a more productive and satisfying life.
During your time in depression treatment, you will become empowered to regain control over your thoughts and behaviors. You’ll learn about depression as a disease, and you’ll work on new strategies for coping with stresses and other difficulties.
Depression treatment will also help you overcome the sense of isolation that this disorder can cause. At Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center, you will discover that you are not alone, and you’ll be connected with the encouragement and support you need as you work toward recovering from depression.
Choosing the Right Type of Depression Treatment
There is no one perfect type of treatment for depression. Each woman or girl who struggles with depression is impacted in a unique way, and each person responds to treatment differently. What’s most important is finding the depression treatment center that best fits your needs, goals, and preferences.
At Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center, we offer depression treatment for adult women and adolescent girls. We also provide depression treatment for adult women at the partial hospitalization level.
When you take part in residential treatment for depression, you will benefit from comprehensive programming and round-the-clock support. Entering a residential depression treatment center allows you to temporarily step away from the stress and distractions of daily life so that you can fully focus on your health.
Women who receive treatment for depression in our partial hospitalization program (PHP) take part in full days of structured care with the goal of developing skills that can be applied in real-world settings. When treatment is not in session, you can return home or reside in our on-campus housing.
Our team can explain the details and benefits of depression treatment in both levels of care, and they’ll help you decide which one is the right choice for you.
Why Choose Our Depression Treatment Center
Below are five reasons why Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center may be the perfect choice for you:
- Individualized treatment: Every woman and girl who receives treatment for depression follows an individualized plan. Your plan will be developed solely according to what’s best for you.
- Treatment environment: Our depression treatment center is for adult women and adolescent girls only. Every aspect of our programming is designed to best serve females.
- Spirituality: If you would like to incorporate Christian principles into your depression treatment, you can participate in The Grace Program, our optional faith-based treatment track. We also have a nondenominational chaplain on our campus, and certain experiential activities, such as yoga, can help you connect with your inner spirituality.
- Academic support: Adolescent girls who take part in depression treatment with us receive educational services through our on-campus school, TK Academy.
- Continuing care: When you complete depression treatment, you will receive a detailed discharge plan to guide your continued progress. You can also take part in our alumnae program, which offers activities and support throughout the year.
How to Enter Our Depression Treatment Program
Here’s a quick overview of the pathway to depression treatment at Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center:
- First, you’ll have a call with one of our admissions counselors. A member of our team is available to speak with you 24/7, so you can call whenever it’s convenient for you.
- Next, you will take part in an over-the-phone assessment. This helps us identify your needs and determine if our treatment center is the right place for you.
- After the assessment, a member of our team will walk you through the steps in our admissions process.
- When you arrive at our facility, you’ll be greeted by one of our staff members who will help you become familiarized with our facility and our procedures.
- Your first activities will include completing medical and psychological evaluations. These will help your team develop your individualized depression treatment plan.
Once your plan is in place, you’ll be ready to start treatment. Every step of the way, from your first phone call until the day you transition out of our depression treatment center, you’ll have the full support of a team of compassionate professionals.
Therapies Used to Treat Depression
Many types of therapy have proved to be effective at helping women and girls who are struggling with depression. At our depression treatment center, your individualized plan will include several evidence-based therapies and therapeutic modalities.
Therapy can help you process your experiences, develop healthier coping skills, make important lifestyle changes, and learn more about depression, treatment, and recovery.
Depending on your specific needs, this may include dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), and motivational interviewing. These principles may be incorporated into individual, group, and family sessions.
Women and girls who receive depression treatment at Timberline Knolls also take part in experiential activities such as art, yoga, and dance/movement.
If your depression treatment team determines that you can benefit from prescription medication, and if you agree with this decision, medication can also be included in your plan.
The Impact of Untreated Depression
If you don’t receive treatment for depression, you remain at risk for considerable harm. The negative impact of untreated depression can include physical health complications, additional mental health concerns, and problems within your personal relationships.
But these outcomes can be avoided. When you get the individualized depression treatment that’s right for you, you can achieve improved health. When you’re ready to begin that journey, we are here for you.
This content was reviewed and approved by the clinical staff at Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center.