Entering treatment for obsessive-compulsive disorder is a courageous choice. Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center offers individualized OCD treatment for adolescent girls and adult women. With our help, you can regain control of your thoughts and behaviors so that you can pursue a more fulfilling future.
The Benefits of OCD Treatment
When you get effective treatment for obsessive-compulsive disorder, the benefits can include improvements in every part of your life.
OCD treatment can empower you to manage your thoughts and actions. The skills you develop while in treatment for OCD can ease the pressure this disorder has been putting on your mind and body.
In school and at work, you may be able to finally make the progress you knew you were capable of achieving. When alone or with loved ones, you may find yourself more able to be fully present and experience moments of true serenity and relaxation.
Seeking OCD treatment will also help you see that you are not alone, and that you are both capable and worthy of receiving the support you need.
How to Find the Right OCD Treatment
Obsessive-compulsive disorder impacts each woman or girl in a unique way, and each person responds to treatment differently. It’s important to find the OCD treatment center that can provide you with the individualized care you deserve.
Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center offers OCD treatment at two levels: a residential program and a partial hospitalization program, or PHP.
Our residential option features round-the-clock services for adolescent girls ages 12-17 and adult women age 18 and older. OCD treatment in this level of care allows you to fully focus on your health without having to deal with the stresses or distractions of everyday life.
Our partial hospitalization program provides full days of clinical services for adult women. When you receive OCD treatment through our PHP, you have the option of living at home or in one of our on-campus residences.
Adult women may step down to our PHP after they’ve completed residential treatment for OCD, or they may enter treatment directly at the partial hospitalization level.
A member of our team can answer all your questions and help you find the right OCD treatment.
Reasons to Choose Our OCD Treatment Center
Here are four reasons why our OCD treatment center may be the perfect place for you:
- Safe and supportive environment: Our OCD treatment center is designed solely to help women and girls. In addition to providing individualized OCD treatment services, we also ensure that each woman or girl feels welcomed, safe, and supported.
- Experienced and compassionate staff: Each member of the Timberline Knolls team brings valuable skills and insights to our OCD treatment environment. Every staff member also shares a commitment to providing quality obsessive-compulsive disorder treatment in an atmosphere that promotes respect and personal empowerment.
- Faith and spirituality: We offer an optional faith-based program for women and girls who would like their OCD treatment to include Christian principles. We also have a nondenominational chaplain who is available for spiritual guidance and support.
- Long-term support: To support you after you transition out of OCD treatment, we’ll provide you with a detailed discharge plan, and we’ll encourage you to remain engaged with our nationwide alumnae network.
Your Path to Treatment for OCD
If you need treatment for obsessive-compulsive disorder, we want to eliminate the obstacles that can stop you from getting the care you need. Here is a quick overview of your path to treatment for OCD at Timberline Knolls:
- To start the process, you can call us at your convenience. An admissions counselor is available to speak with you 24/7.
- We provide a detailed over-the-phone screening service to ensure that our OCD treatment center is the ideal place for you.
- Following your screening, a member of our team can guide you through our admissions process.
- When you arrive at our treatment center, you will meet our staff and other residents, get a tour of our facility, and become familiar with your new surroundings.
- One of your first activities will be to complete psychological and medical evaluations.
- Your treatment team will use the information from your evaluations to create your individualized OCD treatment plan.
- You will then be ready to fully engage in treatment for OCD.
Additional information about the steps to getting OCD treatment at Timberline Knolls is available here.
Types of Therapy for OCD Treatment
At our OCD treatment center, we employ several evidence-based, research-supported therapies to help women and girls who have obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Your individualized OCD treatment plan at Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center may include:
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Motivational interviewing
- Individual, group, and family sessions
- Experiential therapies
If prescription medications can help, your team may include them in your OCD treatment plan. All medication decisions are made on an individual basis, and your team will never provide this type of care without your consent.
What Can Happen If You Don’t Get Treatment for OCD
When you don’t receive the OCD treatment you need, you risk continued harm to your physical health and emotional well-being. Untreated OCD can impair your ability to make progress in school or at work, enjoy healthy relationships, and otherwise pursue a satisfying, independent lifestyle.
But OCD is a treatable disorder. When you get the obsessive-compulsive disorder treatment that is right for you, your life can get much better and your future can become much brighter. When you’re ready to begin, Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center is here for you.
This content was reviewed and approved by the clinical staff at Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center.