It takes bravery to seek treatment for posttraumatic stress disorder, which is commonly referred to as PTSD. No one should have to live with the negative consequences of recurring, unwanted reminders of particularly distressing events from the past. Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center offers the treatment you need so that you can work toward a healthier future free of emotional triggers.
The Benefits of Treatment for PTSD
If you’ve experienced distressing events such as abuse, assault, unexpected loss or death, or a natural disaster, or you’ve served in the military, you’re at a higher risk for developing PTSD.
Getting treatment for PTSD can help you improve your mental and physical health while allowing you to develop more effective coping mechanisms. You’ll work with a team of experienced professionals who specialize in helping people who have developed PTSD, and you’ll share support with women and girls who have faced similar challenges.
By the time you leave our treatment center, you’ll be in a better place to address the fears, triggers, and other concerns that are characteristic of PTSD. Our PTSD treatment will also introduce you to the power of community, as many of those familiar faces who are part of your treatment experience will be available as part of our alumnae community.
Choosing the Right Treatment for PTSD
With plenty of options for PTSD treatment, it’s important that you choose the one that best suits your individual needs. Every woman or girl has different experiences that contribute to the development of PTSD, and the ways they are impacted by these experiences will likewise be different.
Fortunately, at Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center, our whole-person approach to treating PTSD looks at your individual strengths and goals to highlight a treatment plan that will produce the best possible outcomes.
We offer two levels of PTSD treatment, both of which have different benefits depending on where you are in your recovery journey. They are:
- Residential: In this round-the-clock level of care, you’ll participate in therapeutic sessions at our treatment center while temporarily calling one of the scenic lodges on our campus home.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): This less intensive level of care still features full treatment days, but you’ll be able to return home or stay in one of our on-campus residences at night and on weekends.
Why Choose Our PTSD Treatment Center
Our PTSD treatment center has a curriculum that is specifically designed to help women and girls, but that’s just one of the many reasons Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center is the right choice for recovery.
Other benefits include:
- Aftercare plan: We promote continued progress after your time in PTSD treatment is over with detailed discharge planning, and our alumnae network lets you keep in touch with the women and girls you met on your treatment journey.
- Flexibility: Your length of stay depends on your progress, strengths, and goals.
- Specialty treatment tracks: If you choose, your treatment plan at Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center can include specialized elements that focus on Christianity, spirituality, and family.
The Steps of PTSD Treatment
We want to make sure that you are able to begin PTSD treatment as soon as possible when you decide that you’re ready. But we still need to get some information to ensure that our treatment center is right for you.
Here’s how the process works:
- Call us at any time 24/7 and a member of our team can answer any questions you have about how our PTSD treatment is structured.
- We’ll set up a thorough assessment, either over the phone or in person.
- Once an admission decision is made, you’ll come to our campus and complete medical and psychological evaluations.
- Your treatment team will develop a PTSD treatment plan that is designed exclusively for you.
- You will begin treatment to address the events of your past and get you on the path to better health.
Therapies Used to Treat PTSD
At Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center, all our treatment is evidence-based and individualized to take into account the unique needs of each woman or girl who heals with us.
Depending on your treatment plan, you may receive the following elements of care:
- Medication management
- Group, family, and individual therapies
- Experiential therapies
Our therapeutic activities incorporate a variety of principles that help women and girls process their experiences and manage the impact PTSD has had on their lives. These interventions include dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT).
For women and girls who have co-occurring substance use disorders, we also offer education and support based on the 12-Step recovery model.
The Impact of Untreated PTSD
If you need, but don’t receive, PTSD treatment, you put yourself at risk for a host of negative outcomes that can affect you physically and emotionally for the rest of your life. You could end up holding yourself back from understanding how to move forward.
In choosing Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center for PTSD treatment, you can take control. You can have stronger relationships, better health, and an improved outlook on life.
This content was written on behalf of and reviewed and approved by the clinical staff at Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center.