Unique, Results-Based Treatment Philosophy
Choosing a treatment center is always difficult, especially in a time of family crisis.
What distinguishes Timberline Knolls from other residential treatment centers?
The difference is the way we think about treatment and recovery. The results are seen in the success stories lived out every day by TK residents and alumnae.
Timberline Knolls' treatment philosophy is to help each woman take ownership of her own lifelong recovery journey:
- By addressing the unique realities of her disease
- By learning to respond to emotional adversity with healthy thoughts and actions
This philosophy guides every Timberline Knolls employee. We hold ourselves accountable for putting first our residents, their families, and their recovery journeys. We embody a spirit of mutual respect and trust as we:
- Support every woman in our care with relentless compassion and an unconditional, joyful spirit
- Look at each woman as an individual, and appropriately apply our accumulated knowledge about treatment and recovery from anorexia, bulimia, alcoholism, drug abuse, PTSD / trauma, and cooccurring disorders
- Help each woman re-discover and harness her strengths in five core aspects of the self:
- Social relationships
- Identify and address mental and physical health conditions preventing a woman from helping herself in recovery
- Recognize the varying needs of women at all stages of life, with diverse backgrounds and life experiences
- Practice treatment methods proven effective by medical, clinical and academic research
- Cultivate peer groups that help residents build healthy friendships and learn to trust others for support in recovery
- Employ distinguished clinical leadership associated with elite medical schools and psychology training programs
- Support families in their own recovery process while their loved one is at Timberline Knolls
- Maintain an inspiring campus environment offering women privacy, safety and space to experience nature
- Provide a state-licensed on-campus school to fully support the needs of adolescent women
- Coordinate a successful transition for each woman from our care to her home or another living environment
- Offer life-long support to our alumnae and their families to continually strengthen themselves in recovery
The best way to judge how well we embody this philosophy is to listen to the women and families who have trusted Timberline Knolls in times of crisis. Read about the experiences of our past residents and their families.