By recognizing that you or your loved one may be struggling with a serious problem, you’ve already taken an important step toward a better future. We’re here to guide you through the next phase of getting help.
Partial Hospitalization Program Overview
In order to prepare women, age 18 and older, for healthier futures, free from unmanaged symptoms of eating disorders, mental health concerns, substance abuse issues, and co-occurring mental conditions, Timberline Knolls is pleased to offer partial hospitalization programming (PHP) in Orland Park, Illinois.
Much like the residential care available on our Lemont campus, the Continuing Care Program of Timberline Knolls is set in a non-hospital-based environment and is designed to empower women to take control of their recovery journeys so that they may blossom into independent, successful, and healthy beings. We encourage each individual who participates in our PHP to take ownership of her healing process and commit to making the positive changes that will support a lifetime of good health. We believe that women who invest in themselves can not only reach their recovery goals, but have the power to exceed them.
Program Goals & Benefits
Created for those who have either completed our residential treatment, or those who are in need of a more intensive program than what lower levels of care can provide, our PHP aims to help residents do the following:
- Address, process, and heal from the underlying issues and co-occurring mental health concerns that may have previously thwarted attempts to become well again
- Demonstrate motivation for change that can translate into future outpatient services and recovery progress
- Increase the ability to perform activities of daily living including, but not limited to, going to work, attending school, and interacting with one’s supportive environment
- Reduce or eliminate maladaptive behaviors and symptoms
- Stabilize one’s social environment and support systems
As a short-term treatment option, our PHP helps women focus on the areas that need improvement so that they may once again play active roles in their lives upon completion of this type of treatment. It is hoped that by the time a woman is ready to resume living her life outside of our treatment setting, she can do so with confidence and a newfound strength that will serve her well for a lifetime.
Therapies & Activities
While engaged in our program, women attend services Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. if clinically recommended. During this time, women benefit from the support and guidance of a highly trained and compassionate staff that is fully dedicated to helping women in their pursuit of healthier lives. Our therapists, doctors, dietitians, and other specialized staff members all possess training and a high respect for our clients’ journeys. These same individuals also provide ongoing support, guidance, and encouragement to all who entrust us with their care. Once the formal evaluation and assessment process is complete and a personalized treatment plan is formulated, the client will experience the following methods of care:
- 6 hours of group therapy
- Supported meals with a dietitian and continuing care counselor. Lunch and Dinner are provided Monday-Friday. Lunch is provided Saturday and Sunday.
- Weekly family therapy
- Weekly individual therapy
- Weekly nutritional counseling with a dietitian
- Weekly sessions with a discharge planner to discuss aftercare planning
- Daily check-ins with a continuing care counselor
- Medication management services and medical consultation that include one weekly session with the medical director or staff psychiatrist and nursing support available daily.
- Peer assistance in day-to-day transitions
Supportive Living Housing is available to individuals for an additional cost. Transportation can be arranged if an individual is unable to transport herself to programming each day. Furthermore, in keeping with our initiative of using only time-tested and evidence-based treatment modalities, the following are use in our PHP:
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- 12 Step philosophy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Art therapy
- Yoga therapy
- Crisis intervention
- Exposure therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Solution-focused therapy
- Trauma-specific therapies
At Timberline Knolls, we are confident that we can help you become the healthy, vibrant woman that you are destined to be. If you, or another important person in your life, would like to learn more about Timberline Knoll’s PHP, do not hesitate to contact our intake staff today. Additionally, if you are interested in engaging in other treatment options available at our center, you can call now and begin the admissions process immediately.
Learn even more about our Leading Partial Hospitalization Program with this video.