**This position is for Monday and Tuesday nights only. **There is no weekend requirement with this position. **There are no medical benefits with this position. You will receive paid time off
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows Timberline Knolls’ operating procedures and policies.
- Establishes collaborative working relationships with the multidisciplinary team, including psychiatrists, physicians, therapists, behavioral health specialists, dietitian and expressive therapists.
- Monitors and/or implements safe, quality health care in the following areas:
- Medication administration
- Prescribed resident care/medical treatments
- Accurate transcription of physicians’ orders and/or prescriptions
- Lab orders
- Adheres to standards of care surrounding regular medical, dental, and vision requirements, and monitoring of weights and heights of residents.
- Completes all required documentation according to policies and procedures.
- Completes a Nursing Assessment at the time of admission per established guidelines and utilizes this information in the development of the resident’s treatment plan.
- Re-assesses the client’s needs on an ongoing basis throughout stay, and implements individualized nursing care based on each client’s needs.
- Develops treatment plans based on identified problems and goals.
- Accurately implements physician’s orders and medication orders.
- Provides education to client on medication, infection control, lab work, health issues and their individual educational needs.
- Maintains a therapeutic relationship with the residents.
- Provides health education and develops educational programs that teach residents about health concerns.
- Monitors and assures the proper administration, documentation and storage of medication.
- Participates in the residents’ treatment planning sessions and gives input into their needs.
- Coordinates the resident’s discharge planning and completes discharge aftercare plan.
- Follows all procedures related to the exposure control plan and supervises and provides education in the infection control program.
- Ensures that all residents’ immunizations and records are current.
- Has knowledge of psychiatric disorders and utilizes information in assessing and planning care.
- Maintains resident safety by appropriate implementation of safety procedures and precautions.
- Accurately maintains medical information in the written record.
- Recognizes precursors of potential crisis and/or acting out behaviors of residents, and intervenes in the early stages of escalation.
- Adheres to all standards of crisis management, safety and restraint policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Registered nurse with a current Illinois license.
- Psychiatric experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Current certification in health care provider CPR.
- Required to frequently sit, stand, bend, stoop and walk, sometimes for extended periods.
- Required to occasionally lift/move objects and/or resident weighing in excess of 40 lbs.
- Must have visual, hearing, and learning capabilities sufficient to perform the essential functions defined above.
- Work is performed in designated clinical and program settings.
- Duties may involve contact with resident who may be threatening, aggressive and/or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Must be flexible in meeting program scheduling needs and available to work additional hours when necessary
Licenses & Certifications
Pay rate determined by number of years as a state licensed RN