Responsible for general cleaning and upkeep of facility buildings. Consistently demonstrates Timberline Knolls’ values of uncompromising care, relentless compassion and unconditional joyful spirit.
** This is a part-time day shift position (four-8hr shifts per week) with an every other weekend requirement. This position does come with full benefits.
- Cleans building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming them.
- Gathers and empties trash.
- Services, cleans and supplies restrooms.
- Cleans and polishes furniture and fixtures.
- Cleans windows, glass partitions and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges and squeegees as needed.
- Dusts furniture, walls, machines and equipment as needed.
- Mixes water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions according to specifications.
- Steam-cleans or shampoos carpets as needed in supervisor’s absence.
- Drives vehicles required to perform or travel to cleaning work, including vans and/or motorized golf carts.
- Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitors building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking housekeeping closets after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Notifies managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Sprays insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
- Launders residents’ bedding as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- 6 months previous housekeeping experience preferred
**The hourly pay rate for this position is $ 10.00